Terms and conditions
Welcome to The Glasses Company. Below are the terms and conditions you need to abide by to continue to use our website.
The Glasses Company refers to the owner of the website and The term “you” refers directly to the customer.
Availability of Goods
- Sometimes items displayed on our website can be out of stock or discontinued. In this case, we will try our best to contact you as soon as possible and offer you an alternative option or a full refund.
- If we cannot supply the goods, we do not accept responsibility for any losses you suffer.
- Product descriptions on our website are written as accurately as possible. If the items are displayed incorrectly as a result of an error by us, we will offer a full refund.
- Photographs are included to provide an idea of what the product will look like but may not match the product itself exactly.
- You as the customer must be:
- Over the age of 16
- Entitled legally to purchase prescription glasses
- The customer must not be registered blind or partially sighted.
- The customer must be able to produce a confirmation of the prescription upon request from an optician.
- The customer must ensure that all personal details entered into our website are correct.
- The customer must have had an eye test within the last two years and have a prescription given by a registered medical practitioner or an optician.
- If information is incorrectly inputted into the prescription section, we cannot be held responsible for this
- We at The Glasses Company solely rely on the prescription you give us, therefore, please ensure this is accurately inputted into our system. If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact us.
- We recommend that you ask you optician to measure your Pupillary Distance (PD) for you to ensure that your glasses can be made as accurately as possible. If this is not possible, there is an option to select average PD, but we may contact you for an accurate PD if our optician believes your prescription warrants it.
- The prices on our website are accurate at the time of display. These are subject to change without prior notification from time to time. However, this will not affect customers who have already placed an order.
- All prices include UK VAT which is at 20% at present.
- For prescription sphere values greater than +/- 6, there will be an additional charge of £15.00 per lens.
- For prescription cylinder values greater than +/- 2, there will be an additional charge of £15.00 per lens.
- There is a £20 fee for prescriptions ordered with a prism.
- Only one promotion/discount code can be used per order.
- Frame only items can be cancelled. Items bought with prescription lenses cannot be cancelled once ordered as they are a custom-made item.
- All payments are taken at the time of ordering and until the payment is received the order will not be dispatched.
- We accept payment by the following means: Credit Cards Visa / Mastercard /Switch / Solo / Maestro/ Paypal.
- All card payments are subject to authorisation by the Card issuer. If authorisation is declined then we are not liable if any ordered items are not delivered.
- For customers purchasing products abroad, exchange rates can vary depending on your bank/credit card company’s rates and are the customer’s responsibility.
- All payments must be made in Pound Sterling.
Delivery of Goods
- Items will only be delivered to the customer after a payment has been received.
- All prices are inclusive of delivery in mainland UK.
- We endeavour to deliver all items within the given time frames stated on our website. However, we cannot be held responsible for delays caused by the manufacturer or any third party.
- If a specific delivery time is required, it is important to contact us before placing the order and we will try our best to accommodate your request.
- Once the item has been delivered, any damages incurred after this are the customers own responsibility.
- When an item has been delivered to the customer, we advise to inspect it carefully for any damages. If any such damages are found, please inform us right away and do not use the product in the meantime.
- If items are to be returned, it is important that you post them back to the correct address as stated on the returns page. We cannot offer a refund if we do not receive the goods at the address with the given time frames stated on our returns and refunds page.
Returns and Refunds
- It is your responsibility as a customer to ensure that your parcel reaches us in a saleable condition. Please follow our guidelines on the returns and refunds page on how to return your parcel safely. The cost of returning the item is also the customer’s responsibility to cover.
- Your debit/credit card that you originally paid with will be credited with the refund.
- After returning your parcel, please allow for 14 working days after we receive your parcel for your refund to be processed.
- Any bespoke frames and prescription sunglasses cannot be exchanged or refunded as these are specially tailored for the customer.
- If 3 or more frames are returned by a customer, there will be a £10 per frame restocking fee deducted from the refund.
- Damage such as wear and tear through mistreatment of the item is not the responsibility of The Glasses Company to cover. All frames are under guarantee by the manufacturer but this does not include wear and tear. Scratches to lenses are also not covered under warranty.
- You should not attempt to repair the frames at home as this will make the warranties void.
- Returning an item within the given 14 day period will not in any way affect the Statutory Rights of the customer.
- All responsibility of the item passes to the customer when it is delivered.
- As a company, we will not be held responsible for any damages to goods caused by the customer once they have received the product.
- We have taken all the steps we can to ensure that the data on our website is as accurate and up to date as possible, however, we cannot be held liable if on your computer the lighting alters how the image looks and hence how the product will look when you receive it.
- It is your responsibility as a customer to ensure that the product you are purchasing meets your specific requirements. You are using the information on our website at your own risk.
- It is important that you enter the prescription details accurately onto the system. We do not accept responsibility for any discrepancy in the final product if the details have not been entered correctly. If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact us before placing the order.
- If you want the lenses in your frames to be reglazed, we at The Glasses Company are not responsible for any damages caused by sending your frames off as this is carried out at your own risk.
- Links on our website to other sites are added for your own information, however, we do not hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information presented on these sites.
- It is important that you enter all the correct details onto the system. You will only own the product after a payment is received and it has been delivered to you. All items on our website are for your own use and not for re-sale.
- The terms and conditions stated above are subject to change without prior notification to the customer.
- If we believe that a product is not right for the customer, we reserve the right not to sell it.
- The Glasses Company website and all logos are Copyright and the possession of our company. Prior to using our name on other sites, you must gain consent from us.
- We reserve the right to monitor any telephone call that is made to our telephone line.
- Our website does not provide a medical diagnosis. It is your responsibility as a customer to seek advice from a registered optician prior to purchasing prescription glasses.
- All sunglasses come with a standard non-prescription lens included. Prescription sunglasses will incur an additional charge as they are made specifically for each customer.
- All prescription sunglasses may not have the brand logo etched onto it after it has been altered to suit your eyesight.